Direct Care Worker
Superior Greenstone Association for Community Living (SGACL) is a non-profit, social services agency that provides residential and community supports to individuals with developmental disabilities. We are passionate about being a part of the community and we believe everyone has the right to citizenship and a personally rewarding life.
Our commitment to providing the highest standards of care is reflected in our search for team members. We are currently seeking compassionate and responsible individuals to join our team as Direct Care Workers to provide person-centered support to individuals with developmental disabilities. Casual positions available with opportunities for Part-Time! In addition to a rewarding and welcoming environment, we offer:
- Competitive wages
- A comprehensive benefits package for part-time and full-time employees, including extended health care, dental care, and vision care
- On-call schedule with the ability to provide set availability – you tell us when you are available! To learn more, check out sgacl.ca
- Provides and/or assists with basic personal care of individuals, as required
- Fosters independence with decision-making and participation in daily living skills
- Administers medications
- Assists individuals with shopping, banking, housekeeping,
- Supports individuals with medical appointments and engaging in social, vocational, and leisure activities of their choice
- Ensures the health and safety of individuals at all times
- Provides support to individuals to attend activities and events of their choosing in their community
The successful candidate must have and demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- An attitude that respects the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equality
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR certification required before your first day. SGACL will cover the cost of subsequent recertification
- Ability to work flexible hours including overnights and weekend shifts
- Ability to lift in order to provide assistance with lifting, transferring individuals, and/or pushing wheelchairs, as required
- A clean criminal background check and vulnerable sector check
Email Bronwyn for more information or to apply.
We thank you for your interest in our position! Superior Greenstone Association for Community Living is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals with disabilities; accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.